Connect With Us
What is Christianity Explored?
What happens at Christianity Explored?
Come join us at our next Discover Redemption event on:
Friday, October 4th from 7:00-9:00pm at 39 Glengowan Street, Whitby
We welcome your whole family!
Our next class is on:
Saturday November 2, 2019 from 9:00-11:30am at Pickering Christian School (162 Rossland Rd E, Ajax)
Fundamentals of the Faith
What is Fundamentals of the Faith?
If you’ve not been baptized since placing your faith in Jesus for forgiveness of sins, the Word of God says that this is the initial act in a life of worship.
What We Believe About Baptism:
Upcoming Baptism Services
Please contact our office at email@example.com to inquire of our next baptism service.
Disciples Striving Together Toward Maturity
Serving In The Church
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45)
Sunday Morning Opportunities
Opportunities abound for us to serve the Lord at Redemption Church. Consider where you could work for Christ on Sunday morning:
- Anywhere there is a need
- Facilities set-up/tear-down
- Resource Centre
- Worship Team
- Redemption Kids
I belong here.
And God says that believers belong together (Hebrews 10:23–25). I believe that God wants me here with the people of Redemption Church at this time in my walk with Christ, and I want to make a public declaration that I am committed to God’s work through this church.
I affirm, believe and support the teaching of this church.
And God says the believers had all things in common including devotion to the Apostles’ teaching (Acts 2:42–47). I desire to associate with people of like mind and conviction and embrace the authority of God’s Word in my life and the life of the church.
I share the same ministry goals as Redemption.
And God says that believers are to be committed to one another for the sake of spiritual impact (Ephesians 4:16). I believe that Jesus has work to do in the Durham Region and around the world, and I am willing to join with others who have the same vision to see that it gets done.
I accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers in the family of God.
And that is God’s plan as well (Galatians 6:1–2, 10). I want to be part of a caring network of people, sharing one another’s joys and sorrows, and helping one another grow through worship, Bible study and fellowship.
I am accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ for my walk with God.
And God warns against spiritual autonomy (Hebrews 13:17, Matthew 18:15–20). I want to receive the guidance, equipping, and assistance necessary to remain on target and I do not want to go it alone in standing for Jesus Christ.
I accept responsibility for how things are done here.
And God says that is how it should be (1 Corinthians 12:20–27). Elders, deacons, and other church leaders are called from within and serve the congregation. I believe every member needs to contribute their unique gifting and passion to contribute to a healthy body.
The effectiveness of our joining together will be determined by the level of the commitment I make. In a society where so few make commitments and fewer still keep them, Redemption Church is seeking people who are determined to know the joy Christ intended for His body, the Church. To this end we are asking candidates for membership to make the following commitments:
- I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
- I will seek to attend and fully participate in the weekly worship service of Redemption Durham.
- I will seek to maintain consistent disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and personal witness. I will walk in fellowship with others at Redemption by participating in the Small Group ministry. To maintain our unity in fellowship, I will neither criticize nor listen to criticism concerning any member(s) of this body, and will, when personally offended, speak directly and lovingly with those involved.
- I will seek a place to serve within Redemption that corresponds to my spiritual gifts and passions. I will financially support the work of Redemption by faithfully giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase.